PRESERVING AND EXPANDING OPPORTUNITIES
Kensington Square is a multi-property community, part of the historic Dwight Neighborhood in New Haven. The redevelopment of the Kensington Square site aims to transform the homes of over 100 families, create new affordable housing, and enhance the neighborhood’s open spaces and commercial corridor.
Welcome to the Kensington Square Redevelopment
The Kensington Square Redevelopment seeks to:
- Serve existing residents and the broader Dwight community through the renovation of existing Kensington Square apartments, construction of new affordable housing, and investments into improvements at both Garden Street Park and Day Street Park;
- Provide an opportunity for historic preservation in an historic district. Currently, many of the buildings in Kensington square are over 100 years old;
- Strengthen the assets of local nonprofit organizations;
- Expand TCB’s Community Life Program, which provides stable housing and community based programming as a platform for residents and neighborhoods to achieve success.
BY THE NUMBERS
103 apartments being renovated, preserved, or built
Serve existing residents through the renovation of 88 apartments in 18 multifamily apartment buildings
Expand affordable housing in the historic Dwight neighborhood through the construction of 15 new, affordable housing units
Approximately $30 million in private and public funding to support the project
20,000 sf net gain in tree canopy
10,300 sf of open space, rain garden, and conservation space
Construction jobs designated for over 40% minority, 15% women, and 30% New Haven contractors. TCB is currently on track to exceed these targets
BUILD WITH US
We believe that building and sustaining strong communities helps everyone and this project could not be built without community support. We have engaged community stakeholders and residents at every stage of this process and will continue to do so.
Stay in the know and get involved:
- Follow TCB on social media and check back here for updates as this project progresses.
- Attend a Dwight Community Management Team (DCMT) meeting. TCB provides monthly updates to the DCMT at their community team meetings.
- Residents will receive regular updates through written notices.
Have questions about this project? Want to support the Kensington Square Redevelopment?
Mon – Fri: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Sat and Sun: Closed
392 Orchard Street, New Haven, CT 06517