“If people have jobs and kids have opportunities, I think that the community ends up being healthy…What we see in our neighborhood are simply just the symptoms of poverty.” – Dwight Alder Tyisha Walker-Myers
Thank you to everyone who joined us for our Community Conversation: Build With Us – How Do We Build Safer Communities, Together?
We’re especially thankful to our speakers:
- Moderator Stacy Spell of Project Longevity
- Dr. Rick Crouse of Yale Office of New Haven and State Affairs and the Dwight Central Management Team
- Debroah DeJarnette of The Connection
- Tyisha Walker-Myers of the New Haven Board of Alders
- Chaz Carmon of Ice The Beef Youth
Stayed tuned for more next year and read all about this important conversation in the New Haven Independent.